Thursday, June 9, 2011

And so it begins

So, first of all I'd like to thank Melissa for sharing "North & South" with me. It was a BBC mini-series and although it took me awhile to get into it, the end was truly worth it!

And now because my life is pretty boring, I've decided to start the 30 day song challenge. This will be interrupted since I'll be taking a vacation in the near future, but I love music, so you might as well take part in it with me!

Day 1: Your favorite song.

For this one, I pick Name by the Goo Goo Dolls!

Why is this my favorite song? Truthfully it's the lyrics. They are just so beautiful and true. I've always loved the phrase "scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far." Those words have always stuck with me. I don't know if it's because my physical scars have always bothered me or if it's because the emotional ones are the ones that take the longest to heal...

There's a lot of emotion wrapped up in the lyrics of this song, and in many ways I think that resembles me...and in many ways the song is contemplative about life decisions and regrets and memories and fears and longing for things out of your reach...

I've had a thing for Johnny for many years as well. I have always loved his ridiculous haircut which he hasn't changed in well over a decade (sadly it's not featured in this video...he still had his long "rockstar" hair then). The man is kind of intriguing. He writes some of the most powerful lyrics, and as a whole the Goo Goo Dolls have never really sold out. They keep their concert tix affordable and they continue to write the music they love.

So "Name" is my favorite song and day 1 is complete...I know you're looking forward to my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment