Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sorry I've been busy

I swear now that I've moved back to Michigan, I've been busier than ever!  Every day I have a routine and even on days off, I seem to have stuff to do.  I'm not complaining, I'm just busy.

Last weekend I went out to NYC just because I could.  I got quite a bit done considering I was only there for 3 days.

Day 1: Central Park, lunch with my friend Melissa at the MET, toured the new exhibits at the MET, went shopping, ate Red Mango, saw Cloud Atlas with Sandy, Tim, Christina, Connor, Meredith, and Jim which was followed up by margaritas and discussion of the film.

Day 2: Visited the 9/11 Memorial, brunch with Mike and Dalia, walked through the Union Square farmer's market, went shopping in SOHO, shopping in mid-Manhattan, saw "Peter and the Starcatcher" on Broadway (which made the whole trip worthwhile), took Baxter for a walk, stayed up til 2:30 talking to Sandy.

Day 3: Lounge day with Tim and Sandy; we watched the impeding news reports about Hurricane Sandy and the Jets football game, then I made my way to the airport and hoped to get out before the storm (luckily my flight left NYC with only an hour delay!).

So all in all, it was a nice quick NYC visit, but it was nice to go and visit!  I was a little taken aback when I saw that there are Potbellys and Paneras in Manhattan now...every time it gets more and more commercialized which is kind of sad if you think about it...

Then yesterday I worked and then we went to Casino Windsor to see Vince Gill in concert.  Vince Gill is an amazing guitarist and as country as they come!  I truly enjoyed the entire show!!  He is awesome and I'm so glad that I was able to see him perform live :)  Then we stopped at the MGM Detroit before coming home...it was a good trip for me since I won a bit, but Mom, Dad, and Melissa each lost a little.  Plus the Detroit casinos get a little scary on the weekends, so we didn't stay long.

1 comment:

  1. wow! you took advantage of every minute in NYC. And appear to have seen more people in 3 days than I do in a month.

    also I will be checking out Charming Charlies if you have any interest in joining me. :)

    ReplyDelete