I fell off the face of the earth, but that's what the Olympics will do to a person. They consumed me. I watched as much as I possibly could. I'm glad I was able to watch the opening ceremony on CBC because their coverage was a million times better than NBC. I think all of the skating results were fair. I really wish Tara and Johnny were the commentators for primetime coverage...I can hope for 2018! Overall, I'm glad things went relatively smooth over in Russia. It wasn't the best Olympics for the good ole US of A, but we'll get 'em in Brazil!
Outside of that, I ended up going to cheer on my skating club. One of the teams made it to Nationals this year, and I'm proud to say that they took home gold today! I'm proud to be part of something in the skating world again. Coach Carrie has welcomed me into their world and I'm grateful to have Allegro! in my life. It's been fun cheering them on this season, while getting back on the ice a bit myself. I've got skating clinics throughout March, which should be super fun!
Yesterday, Carrie and I had a girls night. We made the Aurora cocktail, but never quite had one as lovely as the sample (but I'll blame it on the fact that there is no recipe):
Carrie and I also watched Nebraska. I liked it, but I'm kind of surprised by the Oscar nod. The story isn't that complex and I didn't hate it. It was just a very realistic story, and artistically, I like that it was shot in black and white. A bit offbeat, but well done.
Today I met my friend Jen for lunch. We did our traditional Red Lobster hangout and it was nice to see her! It's hard to believe we've been friends for over a decade now, but I wouldn't have it any other way! She's a treat to be around :)
And starting tomorrow, I'll be doing the 100 happy days challenge. Basically, I will be posting a photo for the next 100 days of something that makes me happy each day. I like stuff like this! I'll try to blog along the way too to further explain why each thing makes me happy. It's a journey we'll embark on together. And just maybe I'll inspire someone else along the way!!


What's a skating clinic?
ReplyDelete