Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oh so busy!

So, as you guys know, April turned out to be a pretty busy month for me!

I got the colonoscopy results--although the growths were abnormal, they weren't cancer. So that's definitely a good thing. The nurse gave me the technical terms, but I won't have a great understanding of it all until I see my doc at the end of May. For now, just keeping up with the pro-fiber diet!

Then this past week I was down in Florida! I drove down with my parents and Owen on Thursday/Friday. It was quite the car ride! I love Owen, but man was he a piece of work! He talked the WHOLE time!

On Saturday, Ang & Kevin flew down to join us.

On Sunday, we went to Easter Mass and the beach. Then Melissa showed up! Easter dinner was chock full of fun...



On Monday, Ang & Kevin got married on the beach! It was absolutely lovely and of course I got teary-eyed! They are just too darn cute:



They also did a sand ceremony as a symbol of the blending of individuals into one family! It really is a super sweet thing:



On Tuesday, Kevin, Ang, & Owen made their way up to Orlando so they could go to Sea World and bond together as a family :)

On Tuesday/Wednesday, Melissa and I hung out together! We watched Beverly Hills Chiuauha 2 and Tangled. We also watched the DWTS results show and checked out the new show "the Voice" which was surprisingly fun!

On Thursday, my parents and I made our way back to KY. It was a super long day in the car, but all good! My parents stayed here for the night and my mom and I woke up to watch the royal wedding! It is always fun to be a part of a positive historical event! I wish them luck as well!

Then Friday it was back to work and dang, I had a lot of emails to catch up on!

And yesterday I had to work as well! We had a big event called El Dia! It's the celebration of children's book day with multicultural events! We had an African drumming band, a multi-lingual storytime, face painters, crafts, food from Qdoba who sponsored the event, etc. Everyone seemed to have a teriffic time!

Thank God I have today off! I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment