So my church here is giving us little "exercises" to do during Lent in order to make us better Christians. Last week I forgot to take one of the prayer cards because I wasn't feeling well and sort of bolted once the Mass had ended...
Well this week I took one. The Lenten work this week is to: "Look for the good." It goes on to say: "This week, let's wake up and look for the brightness, the good, the divine in each person we meet."
I'd like to take it a step further and look for good in everything! Truly there has to be good in everything...today is a rainy morning, although it doesn't make for pretty weather today, it is good for the land--everything needs water for life! Soon the trees will be blooming and flowers will be sprouting! All of which is good :)
Yesterday after church I went to Chick-fil-A because I had a coupon for a free meal. While there, I saw the cutest little family. The mom told her two sons that if they ate their meals nicely and behaved they could have ice cream for dessert. Now these little guys were maybe 3-5 years old. They were soooo well behaved and true to her word she got them ice cream after they finished their dinners... They were soooo incredibly excited! They smiled from ear to ear and in turn I couldn't help but smile along with them...
Yesterday before church I also got a fair amount of spring cleaning done! It was totally refreshing! I love making things clean and pretty! All I really have left to do today is vacuum the floors and finish dusting the living room furniture!
Happy Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment