Monday, March 22, 2010

A great weekend!

So Saturday I had to work, but I really wanted to go see Michael Buble. I knew he was coming to town, but Ticketmaster sold out pretty quickly... Anyways, the morning of I found a cheap seat online, ordered it and went to the show! Sooo good!

The concert began with an opening act called "Naturally 7" and they were totally awesome! It was a group of 7 guys singing completely without instruments...but the coolest part about them was that they engage in vocal play, which means they become the instruments! It is pretty fantastic live since they sound like instruments for reals...don't believe me? Check out this clip from the Ellen show I found on youtube (I'm only sharing the link...I don't have any rights to it).

It has been a few years since I've seen Michael in person, and since the opportunity came my way I had to seize it! He was in beautiful form!!! For those of you who care, the set list was as follows (for those who don't, scroll down a bit):

*Cry Me a River
*All of Me
*At This Moment
*Mack the Knife
*World on a String
*Crazy Love
*Georgia on My Mind
*For Once in My Life
*Billy Jean (his MJ impression)
*Twist & Shout (his Ferris Bueller impression)
*All I Do is Dream of You
*Home
*Save the Last Dance for Me
*How Sweet it is to be Loved by You
*Heartache Tonight
*Just Haven't Met You Yet
ENCORE:
*Feeling Good
*Me & Mrs Jones
*Song For You

ABSOLUTELY wonderful! I sat next to a really nice couple who kept me entertained as well... I needed a MB fix, and I got it... Check out my awesome shots and shorts:







I also had the great fortune of a wonderful weather weekend. Spring has indeed officially arrived, but so has spring fever...way too much skin and way too many people who needed to just get a room already...

Sunday was also a phenomenal day! I got up and went to church with a friend. We then walked up through Central Park and to the Upper East Side for some delicious all-you-can-eat sushi! Then went shopping and had the great fortune of finding a bday gift for Angela! Then to top off the day, we went and saw "Rock of Ages."

I know you "high theatre" people are snickering at me, but it was sooooooo much fun! They gave everyone in the audience LED lighters (for the ballads of course), and the music was just so great! Gotta love 80s music!

The whole show is pretty much tongue-in-cheek and making fun of itself, which makes it even better :) I definitely recommend it if you want to see something entertaining on broadway for a cheap price (for the month of March, most performances are BOGO). I also loved Constantine in this production. He always wanted to be a rockstar, but he's just a bit too pop for it...put him on broadway and bam! the guy gets to sing the music he loves and it just works!!! Seriously, it's super duper fun! It has my stamp of approval!

So, now you are essentially caught up to my life :) It was a great weekend and I absolutely hope you all had the same kind of awesomeness in your lives too!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! I'm glad you got to go and you're New York adventures sound great!

    ReplyDelete