It's amazing how quickly time goes by...
Last Friday, Melissa and I went over to Mama Tav's for lunch. It was nice to see her and chat a bit. That evening I didn't feel much like going out, which led into a fight with my sister, so I stayed in instead. I ended up watching Tiger Eyes and liked it, but I really wish it would have come out in the 90s. I think it would have done better as a teen movie then. I'm not sure that the book is all that popular with teens today...although maybe with the movie tie-in cover, it will have a resurgence? I love the story, but I had a hard time when I realized that the pink Power Ranger (Amy Jo Johnson) was playing the mom. That made me feel OLD! But it is a really great story and I think they did a decent job on the movie (which they should since Judy Blume's son directed it). After that, I went to bed early.
On Saturday, I had to work. It was a long day! I had a teen craft and 11 teens showed up, which was good but tiring. We made lollipop bouquets and they seriously took 2 hours decorating their flower pots...
On Sunday, it was snowing like crazy, but I went out to my friend, Jen's house. Her daughter, Leia, just turned 1. Her party ended up being small, but nice. She's just so cute! Then that evening, Melissa and I took Kelly out for her birthday. Somehow during the evening, Melissa and I managed to get over our fight and get along again. It was really great seeing Kelly too. We went and saw American Hustle. I liked it. The hair and costumes were awesome. The acting was great and I laughed a lot. Afterwards, we took Kelly to Slows. Since she's new to Detroit and she loves bbq since she lived in Charleston for awhile, I figured it'd be the perfect place to take her. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it too :)
Monday-Thursday, I worked. It's been crazy. Luckily I'm off tomorrow and then back at it on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment