So I ended up spending a lot of time in Michigan for the Christmas holidays, but it went by all too quickly!
While up there, I had some quality family time. I finally got Mikayla to giggle for me, which makes me feel special! Owen put me as #1 on the "Cool List" as well, which is a pretty high honor to have! Our family gift exchange was really nice as well. Everyone got along and there were no major dramas.
No surprise, but Nick/Julie/Jack didn't make an appearance. It's sad, but I didn't really miss them :( They're usually the cause of the drama, and we just didn't have that this year. Normally Ang and Nick would get into it and the holiday would be ruined... Having peace, was a positive change, but I just don't understand why they can't be peaceful with us... Who knows? Maybe next year...
The Christmas gift I have used the most so far is the Black Eyed Peas Experience video game for the Wii! It is super hard and a fantastic aerobic workout that I enjoy! Someday I hope to actually be good with the dance moves. Melissa played it with me and I think she'll agree that it is super fun! We also played the MJ Experience game and I rocked out to "The Earth Song" like nobody's business. I OWN that dance :D
Other awesome gifts include the Muppets Green album, a librarian sweater and necklace combo, a fluffy scarf, 2 sets of PJs, a scarf from Rome, and an ornament that says "Merry Christmas Y'all"!
I was also able to visit with awesome peeps! Seeing my Uncle Bobby/Ashley/Al/Uncle Charlie on Christmas Eve keeps the family going...the people who want to be there are there and that's what matters. I went to the neighbor Christmas party and really enjoyed socializing with all of them! Who knew how cool some of them are? I didn't til now! It was also great seeing Sr. Nancy and Betty. Those two are highly entertaining! I also had quick visits with Mrs Adams, Cassandra, Carrie, and Mindy. I would've loved to see more peeps, but the time just got away from me way too quickly! Oh and I got to meet Melissa's boyfriend, Phil who seems cool enough.
My dad has been remodeling our basement and he had to put everything away in boxes in order to make it easier to drywall and such. Sadly he packed away all of our Christmas movies too :( So, I made a Best Buy run and bought a handful of classic Christmas movies in order to save Christmas! My mom and I watched lots of movies together while baking and such...so that was fun too!
All in all, I had a great visit. As always though, it was hard to leave. I felt bad because my mom started crying when I left and she hasn't done that in a long time. I know she liked having my help with all of the holiday preparations. We sort of have things down to a system--I do all the prep work and she does all the cooking/baking. It's effective team! We got everything done with time to spare this year!
I hope you had happy holidays too!
No comments:
Post a Comment